0330 111 0492
Read our Satisfied
"Very efficient service, great results and nice friendly company"
"A very good service recommended by a friend, our Persian and Oriental rugs were cleaned and they did not disappoint, excellent work and will use again"
"Professional job repairing and restoring our old rugs with superb results, appreciate the fine detail for such an extensive job, I am very happy also, will definitely use again"
"Thank you for all your hard work, always a pleasure dealing with you"
The Persian and Oriental Rug Cleaning Process 0330 111 0492
- Pre-Inspect. The condition of each rug – look for fading, discolouration, stains, wear, pre-existing damage, colour instability and odours. We determine the clean ability of each rug and the appropriate cleaning procedure to be used. (See note below)
- Dusting. Dust and particulate matter lying deep within the rug are removed using compressed air and specially designed tools. Foot traffic and dry soil can act like sandpaper on the fiber, and this step is often referred to as "air washing" or "dusting" of the rug. Vacuuming, shaking, or beating are not nearly as effective.
- Pre-Treat. Spots, spills and stains using the most advanced spotting techniques.
- Pre-Clean. Traffic and heavily soiled areas.(Discoloration due to wear, fading, or chemical reaction is not reversible)
- Agitate, Dissolve, Suspend and Extract the ground in soils.
- Rinse. To further remove soil and cleaning residue (to restore the natural feel).
- Restore. The nap with special grooming tools.
- Dry. The rugs in our climate controlled drying room. Drying time is often less then 24 hours.
- Final Inspection. We maintain the highest standards, so our inspection process is thorough. We don’t hesitate to repeat any steps that might be necessary to provide you with the cleanest rug possible. It's that final touch that means so much.
*NOTE: During step 1, pre-inspection - we may determine that additional steps beyond standard cleaning are necessary to restore your rug to its best possible appearance. Standard cleaning is done at our normal or quoted price. Unusually heavily soiled rugs, excessive spotting, by-hand cleaning, deodourization, and situations that require extra labour or materials may require an additional charge.
Knowledge & Expertise
Specialist knowledge of fine and oriental rugs is critical when choosing a cleaning method. To prove our expertise, we will send over one of our experts to you at no charge, so as to explain in greater detail the different treatments that can be used on your specific handmade rug.
Free Rug Collection and Return Service